Retail Report Details
The following terms are used for Livestock and Grain Retail Reports:
- Feature Rate: The amount of sampled stores advertising any reported item during the current week, expressed as a percentage of the total sample.
- Outlets: Total stores sampled.
- Special Rate: The percentage of sampled stores with a no-price promotion (e.g., buy 1, get 1 free, etc).
- Activity Index: Measure of the absolute frequency of feature activity equal to the total number of stores for each advertised item (e.g., a retailer with 100 outlets featuring 3 items has an activity index of 300).
- Branded: Includes any advertised beef cuts marketed under a corporate trademark, or under one of Meat Grading & Certification Branch's Certified Beef Programs.
- Non Labeled/ Other: Beef cuts advertised without a USDA Quality Grade.