About Market News
How to Read a Report
- Type of Reports
- Shipping Point Report vs Terminal Report
- Common Types of Sales
- Price Trend
- Qualifying Terms
- Terminal Report Details
- Terminal Report Availability
- Shipping Point Report Details
- Movement Report Details
- Retail Report Details
- Report Abbreviations
- State and Country Abbreviations
- Container Net Weights
Tips for First Time Users
Welcome to the Specialty Crops section of the Market News portal! Here you will find all the current and historical produce, ornamental and specialty crop price and supply information you need.
As you utilize the Market News portal for Specialty Crops here are some things to keep in mind:
By registering you have access to extend the functionality of the site with capabilities that include:
- Add bookmarks to your homepage to easily access current information on subsequent returns to the site
- Save bookmarks with customized names
- Email yourself or someone else produce, ornamental, and specialty crop report data
- Run any report by Commodity, by Report Type or Custom Reports and then schedule that report for daily night-time delivery by email.
- Save your custom reports and graphs for reuse
Run and view reports by Commodity or by Report Type to get a general understanding of what data is available in different Market News report formats.
Information is displayed displayed in HTML, and you can download the data into a variety of formats: Excel (xls), XML, Adobe Acrobat (pdf), and text (txt) formats.
Reports are now interactive in nature, allowing you to narrow your view of information by either browsing by location or commodity, depending on the navigation path you are utilizing. This feature allows you to quickly target information of interest and disregard non-relevant data.
Utilize the Run a Custom Report wizard to quickly access any combination of data since 1998.
The Custom Average Pricing Tool provides simple averages for terminal market, shipping point and advertised retail prices. Use the filters to create the most meaningful average price reports and dashboard graphs.
The Help section is available at all times. It provides portal assistance as well as information on how to read Fruit and Vegetable Market News data.
We hope that your informational needs will be met by this new and improved site. Our aim is to continually improve our service to you, so if there are ways we can improve, please let us know by completing the feedback form.